March 10, 2007

IN REAL ESTATE, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW.

When was the last time you thought you knew everything about buying a house? No matter how much you know, out on the road you're on your own. Let me start out by giving my experience.

I always used to dream of a perfect home, only to realise there is no such thing as perfection. Uniqueness, yes. I realized everyone wants to rob me. The seller, the agent our neighbourhood bank with their loan schemes. Nothing seemed to fit my plan. Everyday my hunt grew more and the dream seemed only so distant. Thankfully I have become more of a traveller, so the idea of buying a home is no more on the cards. But the experience itself had all the ingredients of one fine thriller movie.

Now a days anybody can become an agent. Did you know the janitor who works in your company could make more than you in one day, than what you make in a month? When was the last time you went to see a property in your bike and the agent arrives in car. You actually mis-took the agent for the seller.

Buying a property in India has become a nightmare. The elements around it are painfully, in one way or another inevitable. And then there are these No 1 portals. Please give me a break. Its no more a home. Its no more a house. Its an investment.

India Real Estate Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post